Tuesday, July 14, 2009

reading gives me a headache

I'm so tired of all of the books that blame the ills of society on the food industry. What happened to anything in moderation is OK?

The latest is The End of Overeating by Dr. David Kessler. In this book, the author contends that we've been brainwashed to crave the fat sugar and salt used in processed food. I thought The Omnivore's Dilema blamed that on evolution?

At least in the piece in People Magazine this author says that people need to take some personal responsibility. Not that I want to die a death by Twinkie, but there are worse ways to go.

Maybe I should write a book that says the food supply is safe and you can eat what you want. Would anyone buy it? With all the propaganda out there including Food, Inc, it would be a miracle if anyone from the city believed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment