Saturday, August 29, 2009

The "Milk Cartel"

I listen to NPR most days even thought I have a hard time swallowing their take on things. And I listen because every business person I know listens religiously.

This week’s ag. reporting was how the “Milk Cartel” is running small dairy farmers out of business. They devoted 12 minutes to exploring what’s gone on with consolidation and prices for farmers. Twelve minutes is an eternity in radio.

I’m glad we’re not in the dairy business. There’s not a lot of good news in that segment right now. I don’t pretend to understand all of the issues those farmers face.

But this coverage is another example of how the mainstream media is equating big farming with bad farming. Your slice of agriculture is next.

And lots of intelligent, influential people will be listening, buying it all as the truth.

To listen to the report or read the story click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment