During the past 2 days, other agvocates have spoken up on a variety of social media sites. Instead of listening to our outcry, the company manipulated the donation stipulating it would only go for animal care.
That makes my blood boil even more. And it should make yours boil to.
What’s more, YellowFail is deleting negative comments from us on their FaceBook page and gleefully announcing how they’ve appeased us.
Well they’re wrong. And we need to get fired up.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Tell YellowFail you aren’t buying or drinking any more of their wine on their Facebook page
- Send YellowFail an email directly
- Tell your favorite restaurant or liquor store that YellowFail is hurting farmers
- Plan a protest outside of a major liquor store or distributor location--it only takes 5 or 6 farmers to make a point and get news coverage.
- Add comments to other Facebook Pages talking about the issue--YellowFail can’t delete the comments if they don’t own the site.
- If you see anything on mainstream news outlets about this--make a comment.
We all have to speak out the 500 agvocates that have already mobilized need your support. We've drawn a line in the sand. But we need backup. We definitely have their attention but we need to see this through to the end.
Please post other ideas you have regarding how we can speak out in the comments.
P.S. I guess we should have seen this coming VegNews, a vegetarian lifestyle magazine, picked YellowFail as the 2009 Veggie Award Winner for Favorite Vegan Tipple. This is the largest vegetarian survey in the world.