Saturday, February 13, 2010

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach

Guys may wait until the last minute to figure out what to buy for Valentine's day, but this girl has waited until the last minute to figure out what to fix for Valentine's day. 

We're going out with both sets of parents and my grandma tonight.  But that's not a very romantic celebration so I'm trying to figure out what to fix at home on Sunday night. 

The options for dining out in a small town are limited.  And while I like our little restaurants, none of them have the right mood for V-Day. So I'll be cooking at home tomorrow

Here are some great ones I've found . I think any one of them will be a hit with Daryl.  Hope they help you if you're in the same fix that I'm in. 

Steak Diane
Ribeye Steaks with Blue Cheese Butter and Mushrooms
Flat Iron Steak with Herb Butter
Pomegranate Steak with Quinoa
Grilled T-Bone for 2

Side dishes are pretty easy, cheesy scalloped potatoes, stuffed mushrooms, and I'm making chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. 

If you haven't made them before they are so easy.  I dip my strawberries in melted Hershey's Hugs.  Pop 'em in the fridge for 10 minutes and you've got a great treat that seems way more fancy and difficult than it really is.
Please add your own links to favorite beef recipes that are a great treat for Valentine's Day or any other time you need to get to your man's heart through his stomach.

1 comment:

  1. Great suggestions. The Onion blue cheese sauce is also a highly recommended accompaniment to any steak dish. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/grilled-ribeye-steak-with-onion-blue-cheese-sauce/

    ReplyDelete